CASE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Drug and Alcohol
TYPICAL ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following:
- Assist Client to become gainfully employed.
- Attend all meetings, workshops and trainings required by supervisor.
- Be available to make referrals for emergency counseling when needed.
- Complete an initial intake and assessment on each client on caseload.
- Complete weekly facility inspections with house managers.
- Conduct random and unannounced urinalysis as needed.
- Develop a discharge summary and a discharge profile on each client who leaves the program.
- Ensure that all outside meetings and support groups are attended.
- Follow all applicable policies and procedures as within job description.
- Have a minimum of one monthly case management session with each client.
- Maintain Case Management progress notes on all clients.
- Maintain up to a maximum of 50 clients on Case Management Load.
Make appropriate referrals for services as needed.
- Make weekly and random room and facility checks.
- Orient and supervise new House Manager.
- Perform other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Provide orientation session with each client on caseload.
- Report monthly billings on each client to the Accounting Department by the last day of each month.
- Send copies of section one, two and three, as each section is finished, of the Community Supervision Program Referral Form, for every client, to the Corporate Office.
- Send daily attendance forms to the corporate office every morning (even if there are no changes).
- Visit each client's place of employment and maintain records of visits. (On site Employment Supervisor assists in this function).
- Work as needed with the Circuit Program Specialist Contact person for your program site.
- Work with the Trust Accounts to make sure all accounts are current.
EXPERIENCE: You will need a minimum of 3 years of working with substance abuse/criminal justice clients. Preferred 2 years of sobriety.
High school diploma with at least 2 years of college credits (Additional continuing years of experience can substitute for 2 years of college credits).
This job description can also be found in Word form here.