The job description articulates the company needs, desires and requirements for a particular job, the job details. A job description outlines
the employee requirements for performing the job. A good job description is an understandable communication tool that tells the employee what the expectations of performance are and tells the employee
how their job integrates within the overall company. One of the most important success tools a company can provide is the quality, well-written job description. A poorly written job description can
create workplace confusion and low morale.
More Free sample job descriptions here!
CASE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Provides Registered Nurse case management designed to improve individual and/or family quality of life to a specified client group
and their families. Coordinates comprehensive health care and community-based services, home visits, and assessments. Develops,
implements, coordinates, and evaluates health care plans in an outpatient environment; collaborates with other health care providers, community service agencies, and schools to coordinate care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates, monitors, and evaluates provider services and care, to include home and/or school visits, physician/hospital visits, and therapy visits, for a specified client population.
- Documents all client encounters and contracts made on behalf of clients/families; writes social and/or nursing summaries.
- Evaluates and documents the progress of individual therapeutic programs, and makes modifications, as required.
- Facilitates client/family access to health care, school, and community resources; assists client/family to develop natural
resources and make contact with social support networks; develops resources as appropriate to meet client/family needs in their community.
- Performs a range of associated administrative functions, as appropriate, such as monitoring budgets, preparing administrative
and programmatic reports and correspondence, and submitting billing documentation, as required.
- Travels to outreach locations to meet with clients/families, coordinate services, and attend regular staff and management meetings.
- Works with clients and/or families to assess, develop, implement, monitor, and recommend modifications to comprehensive, cost-effective care plans, using a multidisciplinary process.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
TYPICAL MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate's degree in Nursing; at least 1 year of work experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description.
- State Licensed Registered Nurse or licensure pending as documented by temporary licensure OR current RN licensure from
a state participating in the "multi-state privilege to practice" compact with New Mexico.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to develop, implement, and modify multidisciplinary health care plans.
- Ability to develop, implement, evaluate and modify therapeutic programs and services.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
- Knowledge of billing procedures for clinical and social services.
- Knowledge of clinical and social services documentation procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of community health services and social services support agencies and networks.
- Knowledge of nursing and case management theory and practice.
- Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
TYPICAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- CPR Certified
- May be required to submit to annual TB and rubella screening.
- Possession of a valid state driver's license is a requirement for this job.
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check.
- Employer should provide Hepatitis vaccination, candidate may decline vaccination through declination form or may provide record of vaccination from previous employer.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds or some standing or walking. Effort applies to no more than two (2) hours per day.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects, standing and/or walking for extended periods of times during rush and busy hours of the semester.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
This job description can also be found in Word form here.