The job description articulates the company needs, desires and requirements for a particular job, the job details. A job description outlines
the employee requirements for performing the job. A good job description is an understandable communication tool that tells the employee what the expectations of performance are and tells the employee
how their job integrates within the overall company. One of the most important success tools a company can provide is the quality, well-written job description. A poorly written job description can
create workplace confusion and low morale.
More Free sample job descriptions here!
CASE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Physically and/or Psychosocially Disadvantaged
Under indirect supervision, provides comprehensive case management to physically and/or psychosocially disadvantaged members of a specified, geographically remote community, to improve quality of life and
to achieve and maintain the highest possible ability to function within the community. Position serves an indigenous population.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates client access to community resources, including locating recreational activities, housing, food, clothing, school programs, vocational opportunities or services, providers to teach life
skills, and relevant mental health services; assists client to develop natural resources and make contact with social support networks.
- Coordinates and monitors services, including comprehensive tracking of client activities in relation to care plan.
- Assists clients in developing goals and areas of need, and assists in developing treatment plans, which are assessed regularly; conducts medication and mental status assessment and determines
required level and frequency of services.
- Documents all client encounters and contracts made on behalf of clients; completes and submits billing documentation as appropriate; maintains comprehensive client files, which may include documents
held for safekeeping on behalf of the client.
- Identifies and provides emergency crisis services as necessary; makes immediate clinical assessments and responds according to accepted crisis intervention methods and techniques; coordinates other
services as appropriate.
- Assesses patients, evaluates effectiveness of care plan and progress made by client, participates in patient treatment planning and case review with patient care providers.
- Maintains and reports applicable statistics regarding programs and client services.
- Travels extensively to community locations, various agencies, and other outreach destinations.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate's degree with 3 to 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Specified educational qualifications and/or certification may in some cases be required by local statute.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of community health care and vocational services.
- Ability to monitor, assess and record client progress against care plan, and make adjustments to plans and services.
- Ability to assess mental status in clients and to develop individual treatment goals and plans.
- Knowledge of medical billing procedures.
- Ability to communicate medical information to health care professionals and the public over the telephone under crisis circumstances.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the sociocultural environment, customs, and life issues specific to the indigenous target population.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
This job description can also be found in Word form here.