DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CHILDREN'S ADVOCATE
Some Possible Requirements
- Ability to be part of the "team" environment. Assist, support and implement decisions and policies
- Ability to give a supportive environment to victims
- Ability to listen and give direction and advice
- Ability to work affectively with individuals of various backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, sexual orientations, ages, religious beliefs, and economic situations.
- Ability to work independently with adults and parents
- Ability to work independently with children of various ages.
- Ability to work with parents. Ability to present methods of non-violent discipline and positive parenting skills.
- BA degree in social work or related field. Equivalent related experience and education regarding the needs of children may be sufficient in some circumstances.
- Crisis intervention skills a must. Able to work with issues under sometimes very stressful conditions
- Domestic violence and advocacy experience and education
- Experience as a teacher or childcare worker.
- Knowledge of supportive counseling methods and techniques
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to provide good documentation
- Strong oral and written communication skills a must
- Worked as a children's advocate or case manager in domestic violence in a community or residential setting
- May be required to take special driving test(s) if using company or state owned vehicles
- Must be able to lift a specified amount of weight (child)
- Must be stable working with children in a sheltered environment
- Must have own transportation and have a current valid state drivers' license
- Must have proof of automobile insurance
- Willingness to submit to a criminal background check on an annual basis
- Willingness to submit to a TB test or provide documentation of one performed
- Willingness to submit to drug testing
- Willingness to take CPR and First Aide within a specified amount of time after hire or provide certification of successfully passing the classes
- Willingness to work during non typical hours; weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Willingness to work overtime
Expected to use
- Telephones, copier, email system, computers and other relevant office equipment
This job description can also be found in Word form here