Crematorium, Cemeteries and Burial Administrator
Key Purpose of the Job
- Administration of the Cemeteries and Crematorium Services in accordance with the local, state, federal and EPA burial procedures.
- Provides friendly, compassionate and efficient services for the Cemeteries, Crematorium and other facilities.
Anticipated Outcomes of Post
- All client needs are treated with respect, compassion and dignity. This includes an efficient and dignified service.
Key Duties (may include)
- Acting as receptionist as may be required
- Adheres to all Data Privacy laws
- Answering phones
- Arranging, supervising and assisting with memorial installation
- Basic clerical tasks such as filing, handling mail, using copier, etc.
- Building security
- Communicates with client face-to-face, telephone, mail or email.
- Completing remembrance books
- Computer procedures such as daily backup, software maintenance, financial receipts and imputing any other relevant and correct data
- Coordinating and proper completion of all necessary paperwork.
- Follows all aspects of the Cremation Act
- Give advice on genealogical programs and available services
- Give advice to clients regarding the memorial choices for loved one
- Give clients reliable information regarding all services performed.
- Greets, directs and assists clients.
- Help Monumental Masons locate graves and mausoleums
- Helping clients with wording and costs of memorials
- Maintains relevant documentation
- May issue monumental permits.
- Preparing accurately certificates of cremation and any other required paperwork
- Recording and scheduling cremations, burials and other services
- Respond to any correspondence in a timely manner
- Taking client's payments and giving proper receipts
- Using software system
- Working with the Medical Examiners, Funeral Directors and other individuals who may be involved in a particular cremation of burial
- In charge of or assisting with:
- Updating cemetery plans
- Maintenance of facilities and equipment
- Relevant records
Typical Working Relationships
- Funeral directors, Clergy, Bereavement Services, public, Coroner's Office, Registrars, Monumental Masons, Senior
Administrators, EPA, other environmental groups, facility owners, and other groups
- Become familiar and follow all relevant Council Policies and Procedures.
- Complying with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Must follow all Anti-Discriminatory laws and regulations.
- Must follow all Equal Opportunity laws and regulations
Most likely will be required to complete a Criminal Records or Background study.
This job description can also be found in Word form here